Speak to an experienced Pediatric Chiropractor in Melbourne today
You might have just found out you’re pregnant and if so congratulations. Perhaps you’re soon to deliver or have recently given birth and are looking for a Pediatric Chiropractor in Melbourne. Or maybe you’re reading this to learn more about why our Chiropractors are Melbourne’s go-to team for your child or baby chiropractic needs. Chiropractors have been assessing, managing & preventing pediatric health problems for many decades through a variety of gentle & safe techniques.
You may not be aware why it is important for Chiropractor’s to assess young babies? Simply put, the spine of a newborn is placed under an enormous amount of stress and strain during the delivery process, combine this with the potential use of forceps, vacuum extractors and other equipment it can begin the process of spinal misalignment and ultimately degeneration from a young age. Our Melbourne Chiropractors see many mothers bring their newborn, infant or children for a wellbeing check-up to ensure their child’s spine is developing normally. While we also have parents bring their little one in if they’re suffering one of the many pediatric problems or health conditions.
Why kids are taken to Pediatric Chiropractors?
The Chiropractic premise, like that of other natural allied health professions (e.g. Accupuncture, Psychology and Naturopathy) are not accepted by some members of the medical community. This does not mean these therapies should be overlooked or seen as inferior compared to other mainstream treatments. While scientific research into the effectiveness of chiropractic and other natural therapies is available, the chiropractic profession recognises it is ‘limited’ and more needs to be undertaken. As funding and support is available we are confident more support and research will be forthcoming.
It is also important to understand Chiropractors do not claim to treat specifically ‘non-musculo-skeletal’ conditions such as: colic, ear infections, behavioral conditions such as ADD and ADHD, bed wetting, Asthma. However like all treatments, Chiropractic may not be able to help everyone’s pains and symptoms. Therefore each case needs to be assessed individually. Should you have any questions about this or chiropractic as-a-whole call or email one of our team members today.
For all appointments call 9882-7135
As your child grows & develops, firstly sitting, then crawling & walking they will experience many falls, bumps, knocks & trauma’s that can ultimately interfere with proper spinal and nervous system development. Because of this, your child should be periodically assessed by a Pediatric Chiropractor in Melbourne.
We believe an excellent Pediatric or Children’s Chiropractor should offer as many of the following key characteristics as possible:
1. A qualified Chiropractor with years of professional experience
- Our Chiropractors have a great reputation with Maternity health centres & parents in the Melbourne and surrounding areas for their caring, patient centred Chiropractic care. Dr. Robbie Hunt, Dr. James Allen, Dr. Peter Vrakatselis & Dr Adam Curwood have combined clinical practice experience of more then 20 years – having worked with children and babies for a range of reasons and conditions. Dr. Robbie Hunt has gained experience training at practices around Australia and abroad that specifically focus only on “Child Chiropractic” – this experience gave Robbie many invaluable experiences and insights that he uses in his practices today.
2. A child-friendly practice
- Over the years we have developed a wide network with health professionals in Melbourne who refer patients to us. These include maternity wards at major hospitals, GP’s, other chiros and mother’s groups among others.
3. Trusted chiropractors who receive referrals from other health professionals
- At our practice we see many kids so have set up a kids waiting area that is fun and safe for kids.
- We have experienced and friendly staff who will help you with prams, and or to babysit during a consultation if needed
4. Chiropractors who use updated techniques to get the best possible results
- Our Chiropractors are trained in a variety of pediatric chiropractic techniques.
5. All chiropractors must be APHRA registered.
- All our chiropractors are fully registered to practice Australia-wide under the chiropractic board of Australia and APHRA
- For more info click here: Chiropractic Board of Australia
- For a full list of all Chiropractors registered in Australia: Australian Health Practitioner list
6. Chiropractors who studied at an approved and recognised Chiropractic University course.
- Dr. Robbie Hunt, Dr. James Allen, Dr. Peter Vrakatselis & Dr Adam Curwood all qualified through the chiropractic program at RMIT University Chiropractic Melbourne.
- RMIT University Bachelor of Science (Chiropractic)
7. Continued pediatric research & study
- Our Doctors keep up with current technique advancements by attending Pediatric talks and training around Australia with other “kid chiropractors” and allied health professionals.
8. Same day service guaranteed
- We understand many patients need to be seen quickly with minimal waiting time. Especially when little ones are in pain, we know it is a stressful time. So if you call the practice, we will see you ASAP on the same day
9. Offer students, children and infants concession rates
- We offer concession rates for all our pediatric chiropractic appointments We offer concession rates for all students, kids and family visits.
10. Members of professional associations such as the Chiropractor’s association of Australia, COCA, Spinal Research Australia, CAA (Victoria) registered
- Our team of Doctors are fully registered with the CAA Chiropractic Association of Australia
11. Close public transport
- A bus stop on our door step and a tram stop 100m away at Hawthorn
- Both practices are only a few minutes away from train services (Pakenham near Vline services)
We trust you have found this list helpful in determining the best child chiropractor for your particular situation. Should you have any questions feel free to call, email or drop in to discuss your baby chiropractic needs.