Experienced Paediatric Chiropractors in Melbourne
You might have just found out you’re pregnant and if so congratulations! Perhaps you’re soon to deliver or have recently given birth and are looking for a Paediatric Chiropractor in Melbourne. Or maybe you’re reading this to learn more about why our Chiropractors are Melbourne’s go-to team for your child or baby chiropractic needs.
The spine of a newborn is placed under stress and strain during the delivery process, combine this with the potential use of forceps, vacuum extractors and other equipment can begin the process of skull and spinal misalignment and ultimately degeneration from a young age. Our Melbourne Chiropractors see many mothers bring their newborn, infant or children for a wellbeing check-up to ensure their child is developing normally. We also have parents bring their little one in if they’re suffering one of the many pediatric problems or health conditions.
Why kids are taken to Pediatric Chiropractors?
- Asymmetrical (one sided) head & neck movement
- Pelvis misalignment
- Poor posture
- Childhood migraines
The Chiropractic premise is not accepted by some members of the community. This does not mean Chiropractic should seen as inferior compared to other mainstream treatments.
While scientific research into the effectiveness of chiropractic is available, the chiropractic profession recognises it is ‘limited’ and more needs to be undertaken. As funding and support is available we are confident that more support and research will be forthcoming.
It is also important to understand Chiropractors do not claim to treat specifically ‘non-musculo-skeletal’ conditions such as: colic, ear infections, behavioural conditions such as ADD and ADHD, bed wetting and asthma.
For appointments call 9882-7135
As your child grows & develops, firstly holding their head up, then sitting, then crawling & walking, they will experience many falls, bumps, knocks & trauma’s that can ultimately interfere with proper spinal and nervous system development. Because of this, you may want to consider getting your child assessed by a Paediatric Chiropractor in Melbourne.
We believe an excellent Paediatric or Children’s Chiropractor should offer as many of the following key characteristics as possible:
1. A qualified Chiropractor with years of professional experience
- Our Chiropractors have a great reputation with Maternity health centres & parents in the Melbourne and surrounding areas for their caring, patient centred Chiropractic care. Dr. Robbie Hunt, Dr. Alex Harvey, Dr. Rami Tawil, Dr. Peter Vrakatselis, Dr Tom Anderson, Dr Andrew Jackson, Dr Adam Curwood & Dr. Nicole Ritchie have combined clinical practice experience of more than 20 years – having worked with children and babies for a range of reasons and conditions. Dr. Robbie Hunt has gained experience training at practices around Australia and abroad that specifically focus only on “Child Chiropractic” – this has given Robbie many invaluable experiences and insights that he uses in his practices today.
2. A child-friendly practice
- Over the years we have developed a wide network with health professionals in Melbourne who refer patients to us. These include maternity wards at major hospitals, GP’s, other chiropractors and mother’s groups among others.
3. Trusted chiropractors who receive referrals from other health professionals
- At our practice we see many children, so we have set up kids waiting areas which is fun and safe for everyone.
- We have experienced and friendly staff who will help you with prams and/or babysit during a consultation if needed.
4. Chiropractors who use updated techniques to get the best possible results
- Our Chiropractors are trained in a variety of paediatric chiropractic techniques. Including SOT (sacral-occiput technique) and other gentle techniques.
5. All chiropractors must be APHRA registered.
- All our chiropractors are fully registered to practice Australia-wide under the chiropractic board of Australia and APHRA
- For more info click here: Chiropractic Board of Australia
- For a full list of all Chiropractors registered in Australia: Australian Health Practitioner list
6. Chiropractors who studied at an approved and recognised Chiropractic University course.
- Dr. Robbie Hunt, Dr. Alex Harvey, Dr. Rami Tawil, Dr. Peter Vrakatselis, Dr. Andrew Jackson, Dr. Tom Anderson & Dr Adam Curwood all qualified through the chiropractic program at RMIT University Melbourne and Dr. Nicole Ritchie qualified her chiropractic studies at Murdoch University Perth
- RMIT University Bachelor of Science (Chiropractic)
- Murdoch University Bachelor of Science (Chiropractic)
7. Continued paediatric research & study
- Our Doctors keep up-to-date with current techniques by attending Pediatric talks and training around Australia with other “kid chiropractors” and allied health professionals.
8. Same day service guaranteed
- We understand many patients need to be seen quickly with minimal waiting time. Especially when little ones are in pain, we know how much of a stressful time it can be. So if you call the practice, we will see you ASAP on the same day
9. Offer students, children and infants concession rates
- We offer concession rates for all our paediatric chiropractic appointments. We also offer concession rates for all students, kids and family visits.
10. Members of professional associations such as the Chiropractor’s association of Australia, COCA, Spinal Research Australia, CAA (Victoria) registered
- Our team of Doctors are fully registered with the CAA Chiropractic Association of Australia
11. Close public transport
- A bus stop on our door step and a tram stop 100m away at Hawthorn.
- All practices are only a few minutes away from train services.
We trust you have found this list helpful in determining the best child chiropractor for your particular situation. Should you have any questions feel free to call, email or drop in to discuss your baby chiropractic needs.