When conducting the test you will insert a long stick with a soft brush on the end (kind of like a pipe cleaner) up your nose and turn it around for a few moments. The bristles will collect a sample for analysis. The swab has to go pretty far back, because cells and fluids must be collected from along the entire nasal passage to get a really good specimen.
Rapid antigen tests will detect most cases of COVID-19 but are not as accurate as the standard test (PCR).
If you develop symptoms or are identified as a close or casual contact of someone who has COVID-19, you must get tested at a clinic and self-isolate.
Click the following links for more information:
Quick Reference Guide: SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal
· Fast results with a 15 minute turnaround time
· Everything you need is included in the kit
· Training and support can be provided, virtually if needed during this time, technical support is also available to you
· Large read time window (15-30 minutes) to give flexibility in testing and easier to run multiple tests at once or move away from the test area if needed (some devices only allow a 5 minute read time then the result is invalid)
· Prefilled reagents to ensure simple ease of use, minimal handling steps, and reduced risk of manual errors
· Virus inactivation is achieved in the buffer after 2 minutes, adding a layer of safety
· Storage: test kits can be stored at room temperature
· Registration included on ARTG 352250