- Available 6-7 days a week
- Secure online appointments
- Combined experience of over 30 years
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite X-rays & HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Experienced Chiropractors
ABOUT WELLBabout EING ABOUT WELLBEING CHIROPRACTIC RINGWOOD
Our team of experienced Ringwood Chiropractors work from 295 Canterbury Rd Ringwood. The clinic operates between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm weekdays, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Saturdays and by appointment Sundays. Our practice is a 5-minute drive east of Eastland Shopping Centre and 10-walk mins from the Ringwood train station. Our practice is situated closely between Ringwood, Heathmont, Wantirna, Mitcham and Bayswater.
What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a hands on therapy using manual adjustments and soft tissue techniques. Chiropractors are best known to provide management of musculoskeletal problems including lower back pain, neck pain and muscular tension.
Our Ringwood Chiropractor’s use the following types of treatment:
Manual adjusting which may result in a joint ‘cavitation’ or popping/cracking sound. Arthrostim Chiropractic Instrument adjusting which is a motorised tool used for manually adjusting joints and can be used on surrounding soft tissues to release trigger points. Activator: an instrument that mimics an adjustment. Rehabilitative Exercise: where your Ringwood Chiropractor will give you a range of exercises aimed to increase the strength and or mobility of your spine. Home and Ergonomic advice: your Chiropractor will give you advice on correcting or adjusting your workstation to the optimal position for you.
How may our Ringwood Chiropractors assist you?
Lower back pain can be understandingly debilitating, our Ringwood chiropractors see many people with low back pain and use high velocity low amplitude (HVLA) adjustments and muscle release techniques. We see a variety of people in surrounding suburbs such as Wantirna, Heathmont, Bayswater, Mitcham and of course Ringwood it self.
Many people come to Chiropractors for a range of neck pain and tension. Some neck issues, these days, stem from our current increased use of technology. We are always looking down at our phones or jutting our neck forward to get closer to a computer screen.
Ringwood is 5 kms from Lilydale which is where one of our other practices is located. Ringwood are in the City of Maroondah and is located 23 km east of Melbourne’s Central Business District. As of the 2011 census Ringwood had a population of 10, 009. Ringwood village emerged in the 19th century following the land sales of the 1850s, before this it was primarily an agricultural region. The Hawthorn to Lilydale railway was built in 1882 through the suburb of Ringwood, making it a more notable town. The township was further developed in 1924 when the railway was electrified. This development boomed after the war and in 1960 the City of Ringwood was declared. In 1928 the clocktower was built as a memorial to the war. In 1967 Eastland shopping centre was opened in Ringwood. Ringwood has been the site of the second largest Cadbury’s chocolate factory in Australia since 1967. Cadbury produces chocolate bars including Cherry Ripe, Twirl and Easter eggs. Ringwood became home of the Connect East, owner and operator of Melbourne’s second toll road, the Eastlink.
18 Facts About Chiropractic
- Chiropractic was discovered by Daniel David Palmer in 1985
- The first Chiropractic adjustment was delivered to a janitor named Harvey Lillard
- The word Chiropractic stems from the Greek “done by hand”
- Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners – meaning no referral is needed to see them
- Chiropractors may help with the symptoms of common musculoskeletal conditions: low back pain and neck pain
- Chiropractors have a particular interest in the spine and the nervous system
- All Chiropractors must complete a minimum of 5 years tertiary study which includes anatomy, neurology and physiology
- Chiropractic is offered at several universities around Australia including – Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Macquarie University, Murdoch University, Central Queensland University (CQU)
- Chiropractors are also required to complete 25hrs of further education, or continuing professional development, learn the latest evidence based techniques for diagnosis, treatment and management
- Using their knowledge and orthopaedic examinations, Chiropractors may help diagnose and manage certain spinal and musculoskeletal conditions
- Practising Australian Chiropractors must be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) which also govern medical doctors, nurses, pharmacists and dentists
- The Australian Chiropractic Association (ACA) is the largest Chiropractic health body in Australia with over 3000 members
- As of 2019 there were over 5,500 registered Chiropractors in Australia
- According to AHPRA, Chiropractic is the 8th largest registered health profession
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor
- Chiropractors may use a number of treatment modalities to help manage a diagnosis – they include soft tissue therapy, rehabilitation exercises and spinal adjustments
- The Chiropractic profession has many different branches that are used in the diagnosis and management of selected musculoskeletal conditions – such as Sacro-Occipital Technique, Thompson Technique, Gonstead, Activator and Diversified Chiropractic.
- Chiropractors are available to see patients who are approved by Traffic Accident Commision, Enhanced Primary Care and WorkCover