Meet Our Team
Our Boronia Massage Services:
- Available 6 days a week
- Same-Day-Appointments Available
- Secure online appointments
- Experienced team
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Variety of techniques offered
All Massage Appointments (03) 9020 7366 BOOK ONLINE
At Wellbeing Massage Boronia we offer our services to all eastern suburbs 6 days per week. All of our massage therapists are registered and insured through Australian Massage Association so they can provide the best quality treatment suited for your needs. Our facilities are modern, warm and inviting for all our patients which include a HICAPs service which allows immediate rebates from your private health insurance after treatment. Our clinic is available to all surrounding suburbs such as The Basin, Bayswater, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Wantirna and Kilsyth. We are available from 9am- 7pm Mon- Fri and we are available and open on Saturday mornings 9am-1pm.
Our Boronia Massage Therapists provide treatment that is patient centered with aims to reduce symptoms associated with musculoskeletal conditions such as muscular tension, headaches, sports injuries or for relaxation purposes
ABOUT MASSAGE THERAPY
- Massage Therapists can provide techniques that help release soft tissue structures
- Sports Massage Therapy can be provided by a therapist to help athletes perform at their best
- Active Release Technique is a common technique used by Massage Therapists to help increase function and break up scar tissue in the body
- Kinesio Tape may be used by a massage therapists to help relax muscles which may be tight and causing pain
- Massage therapists may use a technique called Deep Tissue Massage which aims to release deep fibres in muscles to help them relax
- Craniosacral therapy involves light touch to the skull and sacrum located in lower back to help increase the flow of spinal fluids
- Massage therapists are trained to use a technique called myofascial release which is used to help relax muscles
- Trigger point therapy may be utilised by a massage therapist to help release tight muscles by applying pressure over tender areas
- Reflexology may be utilised by our Boronia massage therapists which may help
- Some patients may choose massage during pregnancy for pregnancy related pain relief
- ‘Swedish massage’ is a type of massage that utilises strokes that are circular, deep, long and in some cases use vibration and tapping to help muscle fibres relax
- ‘Deep massage’ is a technique that involves deep and long strokes
- Sports massage is a technique which is similar to a swedish massage and may be beneficial to sports people which may help prevent or treat injuries
- Boronia massage therapists may help with lymphatic drainage
- Cupping and dry needling may be used by our massage therapists
Massage therapy however isn’t suitable for people in all cases such as:
- If you are currently on blood thinning medication or have a blood disorder
- If you are recovering from burns or there is a wound over the affected area
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Fractures or severe bone diseases
- Bone conditions such as osteoporosis
- Thrombocytopenia which is diagnosed as severe
Massage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can you wear clothes during a massage?
Generally speaking during a massage you will be asked to undress the area of concern and draped appropriately so the massage therapist can inspect the area to see whether or not it is safe to perform treatment on you.
- Are there side effects associated with deep tissue massage?
There aren’t many side effects associated with deep tissue massage however some people may report soreness following treatment. Is it best to contact your healthcare provider to find a solution if this occurs.
- How regularly should you receive a massage?
This depends on a number of different factors however it is recommended that most people get massages monthly as a preventative approach.
- If I have tight muscles will a massage help?
Massages may help if you are experiencing muscular tension and however it is recommended that you are assessed appropriately by a massage therapist before you are treated.
- How is a deep tissue massage performed?
Your massage therapist will use cream over the affected area and will utilise strokes that are long and deep to help target the deeper fibres
- Does a full body massage include private areas?
No. A massage therapist must never touch or massage a private area. The are being treated should be the only area exposed with appropriate draping used for modesty and make the patient feel comfortable.
- Can i eat before a deep tissue massage?
It is recommended that you don’t eat or drink a heavy meal before a deep tissue massage because this may be uncomfortable for your stomach to digest due to the intense pressure of the massage. A light meal or drink of water is okay to consume in the hours leading up to a massage.
- What should I do after my massage?
After a massage you may be advised to ice and areas which may be painful or inflamed however this can be recommended by your massage therapist if deemed appropriate. You could be advised to increase water intake to help with hydration levels and recovery.
- Is massage therapy covered under private health?
It will depend on your insurance policy however it is recommended to contact your private health insurance provider to find out your level of cover. Massage therapy is not covered by Medicare.
- How long does it take for a full body massage?
A full body massage takes 1 hour. Allow up to 30 minutes for a regional massage (eg. lower back).
- Located 29km east of Central Business District
- In 2016 there was a population of 22,000 people
- The Wurundjeri people used to occupy the area
- Located in the City of Knox
- When Boronia was first settled it was predominantly an orchid and farming area
- In 1920 Boronia had its first post office opened
- Boronia has its own RSL for returned servicemen and women
- There is a YMCA women’s group
- There is a 24 hour gym
- There are 4 primary schools located in Boronia
- Knox Leader Weekly is the local newspaper
- There are numerous streets named after flowers
- Boronia High School was closed in 1991
- There is a Calisthenics Club called Dorset Calisthenics Club
- In 1975 Knox Basketball Stadium was built
- There are several other Boronia massage clinics in the area; however we pride ourselves on being the only clinic with multiple chiropractors onsite; and having a network of 40 other allied therapists within our team.
- There are many different types of cuisine available such as Indian, Thai, Malaysian and Chinese to name a few.