Meet Our Team
- Available 6 days a week
- Same-Day-Appointment Available
- Secure online appointments
- Experienced team
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Variety of techniques offered
All Massage Appointments
Call (03) 9020 7366 or BOOK ONLINE
Here at Wellbeing Massage in Melbourne we offer remedial massage 6 days a week (including Saturday) with our trained and experienced Registered Massage Therapists (RMT). Located only a 5 minute walk from the Melbourne Central Business District (CBD) at 143 Drummond Street Carlton, near the Carlton Gardens. We are open from early morning until late at night to best suit your weekly schedule. We offer a range of different massage technique types; ranging from relaxation massages to more intense deep tissue and sports massages. Whether your requirement is performance related or injury rehabilitation to stress reduction our massage therapists can help. We have the most modern facilities with the most up to date therapists who regularly take courses to further their professional knowledge. We offer HICAPS private health insurance rebates on site so you can claim immediately. We also have 20+ locations across Melbourne so booking at different locations which best suit you is seamless and easy.
Common Massage Techniques
Some of our more commonly used massage therapies include;
Deep Tissue Massage
Trigger Point Massage
Massage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What should you not do after a massage?
After a massage try not to have a very heavy meal as you might feel unwell due to the movement of blood away from your stomach (digestive organs) to your muscles. Also try not to drink any alcohol or caffeine right away as this can dehydrate you and it is important to keep hydrated post-massage.
- Is it bad to shower before a massage?
No! Washing off the sweat and dirt for the day is often appreciated by your massage therapist for hygiene reasons. We encourage you to wash before your massage out of respect for your massage therapist.
- How do you dress for a massage?
Dressing in shorts, singlets, sports bras or other active wear which can easily be moved or removed whilst still preserving your modesty is best suited to wear to a massage. Swimwear is also a good option. The massage therapist needs to have adequate access to your skin to perform a massage most effectively. If clothing needs to be removed; towels will we used to appropriately drape you in order to preserve modesty.
- Should I tip for a massage?
Not unless you want to. In Australia it is not common to tip for a massage and is not expected. The massage therapists fee is included in price of the massage. But if you want to tip that is your choice, it is not expected.
- How do you give a professional massage?
In order to become a professional remedial massage therapist you need to enlist at registered education provider such as Victoria University. At such institutions you can study a Diploma of Remedial Massage which will take 1 year of full time study. Thereafter you can register as a professional massage therapist.
- Do you take showers before or after a massage?
It is your personal preference. It is however common to have a shower both before and after a massage. Before a massage to clean yourself for hygiene reasons before your therapist has physical contact with you. It is also common after the massage as oils and creams are often used when performing a massage which you may wish to wash off after the completion of the massage.
- What do I wear for a full body massage?
It is best to wear activewear or swimwear as these give best access to your skin to perform the massage. If any clothing needs to be shifted or removed you will be appropriately draped with towels and be allowed to change in complete privacy.
- How do I get the most out of my massage?
Drink plenty of water before your massage to ensure you are hydrated. Try to arrive 5-10 minutes early to your appointment so any necessary paperwork can be taken care of before your appointment begins. Lastly try not to partake in rigorous exercise immediately after the massage, however a light walk is recommended.
- When is the best time to get a massage?
This is entirely personal preference. Many high level and professional athletes benefit from massages before and after periods of high physical activity. Many people who work physical or office jobs feel that they benefit during the working week as it can help relieve muscular tension. If you receive massages regularly you will naturally find a preference for when it best fits in to your lifestyle.
10 Fun Facts About The City of Melbourne
- Melbourne is the second most populous city in Australia and Oceania.
- Melbourne has a population for 5 million people (19% of the Australian population).
- The city was founded on the 30th of August 1835, in the then colony of New South Wales.
- In 1851 Melbourne became the capital of a new colony named “Victoria”.
- As a result of the 1850’s gold rush in Victoria (Ballarat), Melbourne thrived and grew economically and in population drastically.
- Melbourne hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics and the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- Melbourne hosts some of the biggest sporting events in the world; including the Australian Open, The Australian F1 Grand Prix, The Melbourne Cup, The AFL Grand Final and the Boxing Day Cricket Test match.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit in 2019 rated Melbourne the second most liveable city in the world.
- The main airport serving Melbourne is the Melbourne Airport (also known as Tullamarine Airport).
- Melbourne has the largest urban light rail (tram) network in the world.