Our Boronia Remedial Massage/Myotherapy Services:
What Can Our Boronia Clinic Offer You?
At Wellbeing Massage Boronia we offer our services to all eastern suburbs 6 days per week. All of our massage therapists are registered and insured through Australian Massage Association and complete regular continuing education courses.
Our facilities are clean and modern, with onsite HICAPs service allowing for instant private health insurance rebates. Boronia masseurs help patients in surrounding suburbs such as The Basin, Bayswater, Ferntree Gully, Ringwood, Knoxfield, Wantirna and Kilsyth. We are available from 9 to 7 Monday- Friday and Saturday mornings from 9 to 1.
Boronia Massage often works with symptoms such as muscular tension, back pain, sports injuries or the need for relaxation purposes.
About Boronia Massage Therapy
Massage therapy however isn't suitable for people in all cases such as:
Massage Frequently Asked Questions For Our Boronia Remedial Massage Therapists (FAQs)
- Can you wear clothes during a massage?
Generally speaking during a massage you will be asked to undress the area of concern and draped appropriately so the massage therapist can inspect the area to see whether or not it is safe to perform treatment on you.
- Are there side effects associated with deep tissue massage?
There aren’t many side effects associated with deep tissue massage however some people may report soreness following treatment. Is it best to contact your healthcare provider to find a solution if this occurs.
- How regularly should you receive a massage?
This depends on a number of different factors however it is recommended that most people get massages monthly as a preventative approach.
- If I have tight muscles will a massage help?
Massages may help if you are experiencing muscular tension and however it is recommended that you are assessed appropriately by a massage therapist before you are treated.
- How is a deep tissue massage performed?
Your massage therapist will use cream over the affected area and will utilise strokes that are long and deep to help target the deeper fibres
- Does a full body massage include private areas?
No. A massage therapist must never touch or massage a private area. The are being treated should be the only area exposed with appropriate draping used for modesty and make the patient feel comfortable.
- Can I eat before a deep tissue massage?
It is recommended that you don’t eat or drink a heavy meal before a deep tissue massage because this may be uncomfortable for your stomach to digest due to the intense pressure of the massage. A light meal or drink of water is okay to consume in the hours leading up to a massage.
- What should I do after my massage?
After a massage you may be advised to ice and areas which may be painful or inflamed however this can be recommended by your massage therapist if deemed appropriate. You could be advised to increase water intake to help with hydration levels and recovery.
- Is massage therapy covered under private health?
It will depend on your insurance policy however it is recommended to contact your private health insurance provider to find out your level of cover. Massage therapy is not covered by Medicare.
- How long does it take for a full body massage?
A full body massage takes 1 hour. Allow up to 30 minutes for a regional massage (eg. lower back).
- Located 29 kilometers east of Central Business District
- In 2016 there was a population of 22,000 people
- The Wurundjeri people used to occupy the area
- Located in the City of Knox
- When Boronia was first settled it was predominantly an orchid and farming area
- In 1920 Boronia had its first post office opened
- Boronia has its own RSL for returned servicemen and women
- There is a YMCA women’s group
- There are many 24 hour gym’s, yoga centers and dance studies
- There are 4 primary schools located in Boronia
- Knox Leader Weekly is the local newspaper
- There are numerous streets named after flowers
- Boronia High School was closed in 1991
- There is a Calisthenics Club called Dorset Calisthenics Club
- In 1975 Knox Basketball Stadium was built
- There are several other Boronia massage clinics in the area; however we pride ourselves on being the only clinic with multiple chiropractors onsite; and having a network of 40 other allied therapists within our team.
- There are many different types of cuisine available such as Indian, Thai, Malaysian and Chinese to name a few.