- Available 6 days a week
- Same-Day-Appointment Available
- Secure online appointments
- Experienced team
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Variety of techniques offered
All Massage Appointments
Call (03) 9020 7366 or BOOK ONLINE
The team at Wellbeing Massage are located near Richmond only 10 minutes drive in Hawthorn. We offer professional soft tissue therapy services 6 days per week. Wellbeing Richmond massage therapists may help. Your personalised treatment could help relieve your pain, speed the healing of your injuries, reduce your muscular tension or increase your feeling of relaxation.
All of our Massage Therapists are registered through the Australian Massage Association. What does this mean to you? That we will offer you the right service for the right complaint every time. At Wellbeing Massage Richmond, we pride ourselves on having modern and clean facilities for our patients, with online HICAPS facilities to claim back insurance rebates in the clinics.
Massage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is better Swedish or deep tissue massage?
Swedish massage tends to be a gentler type of massage than deep tissue. Swedish massage is better suited for those who are interested in relaxation as well as tension relief, where as deep tissue massage targets deeper muscles as is used for athletes and those with injuries. Depending on intended outcomes for patients, neither of these types of massage are better than the other.
What does a Swedish full body massage include?
A full body Swedish massage will include arms, legs, hands and feet, neck and back, stomach and buttocks and will sometimes include your head. Areas around the breasts may be massaged, but not the breasts themselves. If there is one or multiple areas you wish to not have massaged, you can let the therapist know before the commencement of treatment.
What should you wear for a massage?
Massage therapists will provide their patients with gowns for treatment. Although what you wear to the appointment doesn’t matter, it is advised that only underwear is worn for treatment with the gown worn over the top so the therapist is able to massage appropriate areas easily.
Should I shower before a massage?
A shower before a massage will help loosen and relax muscles. This will allow you to receive the most benefit out of the treatment. Showering will also help wash off any sweat or perspiration on the body, as well as any other environmental pollutants that may be on a person, because you don’t want this being rubbed all over you during treatment.
What should I do after full body massage?
Rest is important after a full body massage, you don’t want to overwork muscles that have just been relaxed and undo the work of the therapist. It is also important to drink enough water to flush the toxins from your body.
What should you not do before a massage?
Avoid alcohol before a massage, drinking water is the best way to go. Avoid being sunburnt as this can make the skin sensitive to touch. If you are feeling ill, its best you cancel your appointment as a massage can transfer infection to other parts of the body as well as to the therapist.
How much should you tip for a massage?
The standard rate for tipping after a massage is 20% of the massage fee. Depending on the satisfaction of the message, people will tip more or less. But this is not always necessary, the fee that is provided by the therapist is sometimes all that patients will pay.
Are you supposed to tip a massage therapist at a chiropractor?
Tipping is mostly a matter of personal preference. Depending on the quality of massage and patients satisfaction, tips may be received by some but not all patients. When working in a medical setting such as a chiropractor, sometimes tips are seen to be not acceptable but therapist will make that known.
How much do you tip for a 90 minute massage?
Tips can depend on patient preference. Some people may be able to provide more of a tip while others might only pay the price of the treatment. Tips aren’t necessary and patients aren’t obliged to provide tips to their massage therapist.
Is Chiropractic better than massage?
Chiropractic and massage both work on 2 different parts of the body. Chiropractic focuses on the musculoskeletal system. Providing adjustments to affected areas which include neck and back pain. On the other hand, a massage focuses on the treatment of soft tissue structures or specific groups of muscles to help promote healing of injuries and decrease pain. There is no better option, but depending on what a patient is seeking to achieve one may be more suited than another.
Do you wear clothes during a massage?
Before treatment commences, a massage therapist may ask you to undress to where you are comfortable. Gowns are provided to patients to be put on to help cover parts of the body that are not being treated. Massage therapists will allow you to get undressed in the room by yourself and give you time to lay down on the table before they come back in.
20 Facts about Richmond
- Richmond is located roughly 3km’s East of Melbourne’s CBD
- Home to the 2019 AFL Grand Final winners (Richmond Football Club)
- The Richmond borough was proclaimed a town in 1872 and a city in 1882.
- Richmond was one of the first suburbs to establish municipal government.
- In 2016, the census showed a population of 30,500 in Richmond.
- Richmond offers a vast collection of restaurants, hotels, pubs, cafes, bargain retail outlets and two large undercover shopping malls.
- The Dimmeys department store is a landmark in Swan Street with its ornate clock tower.
- The Yarra River forms the eastern and southern boundary of Richmond
- Burnley Park is a large area of open space fronting the Yarra River and features sporting and recreational facilities.
- The section of Victoria Street between Hoddle Street and east of Church Street is often referred to as “Little Saigon” and is at the heart of Melbourne’s Vietnamese community.
- Three of the 82 designated major activity centres identified in the Melbourne 2030 Metropolitan Strategy are located in Richmond—the commercial strips of Victoria Street, Bridge Road and Swan Street.
- Richmond was home to the Nine Network studios, under the callsign of GTV-9, until the studios moved to Docklands in 2011
- The suburb is well known for its popular factory outlets along Bridge Road, remaining an attraction to the area.
- Richmond was named after Richmond Hill, London, with its outlook of the river bend
- Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre is a large modern complex built in 2001 to service the inner eastern suburbs
- With a large number of small homes in its narrow streets, Richmond has some of Melbourne’s best examples of residential architecture from most periods.
- From the mid-19th century, Richmond was a centre of manufacturing industry
- Richmond has an established transport system involving arterial roads, five train stations, seven tram routes, a bus route and a series of bicycle trails
- Epworth Hospital (private) is a major surgical hospital. It has a major campus in Richmond fronting both Bridge Road and Erin Street.
- Ron Barassi formerly owned The Mountain View Hotel located in Richmond.