Remedial Massage South Morang
Our Remedial Massage South Morang Services:
Our Wellbeing South Morang Clinic
Wellbeing South Morang is your first choice for professional soft tissue therapy. All of our therapists are Registered Massage Therapists (RMT). What does this mean? It means that the therapist is fully trained, insured and licensed through the Australian Massage Association. What does this really mean to you?
The Wellbeing South Morang therapists regularly complete continuing education, online seminars and courses to make sure that they are fully informed of all of the latest research and therapies to better assist in treating your symptoms. Our therapists see people of all ages and many varied conditions.
About Wellbeing Massage South Morang:
Want to book an appointment?
Your South Morang Massage Therapists are available 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday with early at select locations across Victoria. You can always send us an online booking or call us:
Massage Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) South Morang
- What is a remedial massage?
Remedial massage is a treatment that looks at both your site of concern and the body around that site. The therapist must have a good working knowledge of anatomy and physiology to treat you with this massage type. The therapist will treat both your local issue and also look globally at the rest of the body to try and understand “how” and “why” you have these symptoms.
- How do you give a body massage?
This is a light pressure style of massage that starts at the hands and feet and works towards the heart. This treatment is commonly very relaxing and should be pain free. Your therapist will have warm hands and use massage oil commonly in a quiet and darkened setting to further enhance your relaxation.
- What do you need for a full body massage?
Time, the therapist will usually need at least 60min and trust, that the therapist is both qualified and experienced to deliver your desired results
- Does full body massage include breast?
No. A full body massage usually includes your arms, legs, hands, feet, back, neck, stomach and buttocks. Areas outside of these (such as breasts) will not be touched. If there are any of the usual sites, e.g. your feet, that you do not wish to have massaged, just let your therapist know.
- How do you give yourself a back massage?
With tools you can learn to release some tension in your back. These include balls, canes and foam rollers.
- Why do hand massages feel so good?
The practitioner has experience with WHERE they are touching and the amount of PRESSURE that they are using. The combination of their experienced sense of touch and your constant feedback is the gold standard.
- What are the benefits of remedial massage?
A therapist experienced in this style of treatment will be able to give you an accurate treatment plan. Other treatment types may treat the condition effectively, but if that condition is a symptom of another problem, the condition will likely recur.
- What is the difference between remedial massage and deep tissue?
Remedial massage will look at your local issues, look at the surrounding anatomical areas to see if any other issues exist, then treat that local issue. Deep tissue will treat your local issue. Both can be effective. If your deep tissue treatments are successful but the symptoms keep returning, you may want to look at a remedial massage treatment.
- Is remedial massage painful?
Uncomfortable at times but pain is something your therapist will want to avoid as much as possible. The therapist will be relaxing and releasing overused muscles, decreasing spasms and cramping, and improving tissue regeneration by increasing blood flow. Pain will hamper these treatments so please communicate with your therapist if pain is felt.
- How long should you wait between deep tissue massages?
The benefits of deep tissue massage for symptom free patients is usually once a month.
- What happens if you don’t drink water after a massage?
Nothing. Some therapists with less scientific grounding will say that “toxins” are released by massage and these “toxins” need diluting with water. This is not the case. If you are thirsty or tend to urinate after a massage, then have a drink of water.
- How much do I tip for a 90 minute massage?
Tipping is not part of the Australian workplace. Australian employees are paid a full and equitable wage, unlike the United States where low wage levels are boosted with mandatory tipping, often ~15%. If you feel that the massage therapy you received was of a level that you would like to tip the therapist, please talk to the clinic manager.
Facts About South Morang
- South Morang is in the city of Whittlesea
- Census data from 2016 lists the population of South Morang at 24,000 residents
- South Morang has won a number of “Tidy Town” awards
- European explorers founded South Morang in 1824
- The traditional landowners of South Morang are the Wurundjeri Balug and Wurundjeri William clans
- Farm Vigano, a gourmet pizza and antipasti restaurant is found in South Morang in a former private estate. The site has extensive gardens and orchards.
- William Hovell and Hamilton Hume were the first Europeans to record visiting what is now South Morang
- Common ancestries living in South Morang are Australian born (17%), English born (16%) and Italian born (13%)
- The first South Morang post office, Morang South Post Office, was opened in 1973
- South Morang is serviced by three (3) metro railway stations, South Morang, Middle Gorge and Hawkstowe stations.
- The Le Page historic homestead and art gallery are a feature of Hawkstowe Picnic Area in South Morang. The homestead, built in the 1850’s, is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Two Beans and a Farm restaurant/cafe on the Carome Homestead is found in South Morang
- South Morang Football club competes in the AFL’s Northern Football League
- South Morang is often called “The Jewel in the Crown that is the Northern Suburbs”
- A direct railway route from Melbourne to South Morang was first opened in 1889
- The South Morang, Middle Gorge and Hawkstowe railway stations all fall on the Mernda railway line
- Plenty Gorge Walk is found in South morang travels through bushland and wetland home to many australian fauna such as kangaroos, echidnas, egrets and herons.
- South Morang is an ethnically diverse area with no single ancestry clearly dominant
- Brownlow medalist Kevin Murray played football for South Morang
- Mill Park Library serves the South Morang area