- Available 6-7 days a week
- Secure online appointments
- Traction/ Decompression Machine
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite X-rays & HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Experienced Chiropractors
ABOUT WELLBEING abou ABOUT WELLBEING CHIROPRACTIC SUNBURY
The Chiropractors at Wellbeing Chiropractic have been seeing people from all the state across our 20+ practices. We have a team of Chiropractors who work hard at helping all people, including the local residents of Sunbury, for a range of musculo-skeletal issues. The team at Wellbeing Chiropractic Sunbury strive to provide up-to-date and evidence based treatment with extensive clinic hours and are available 6-7 days a week.
Dr Mitchell Cook (Chiropractor)
Mitchell is a senior Chiropractor at the Sunbury clinic. He is passionate about getting the greatest improvements possible for his patients, and is caring and empathetic. He is knowledgeable about the human body and a wide range of conditions, but particularly enjoys managing neck pain, low back pain and joint stiffness. He is well-versed in a range of chiropractic techniques, meaning that he can modify the technique depending on the person or the issue. He graduated from the Chiropractic course at RMIT University, and has attended many seminars, courses and training days to further his knowledge. He is available at the Sunbury practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 10am-7pm.
Dr Mary Kalandos (Chiropractor)
Mary is another senior Chiropractor that consults from the Sunbury clinic. She is known for her great energy and focus for seeing patients for a range of musculo-skeletal concerns and conditions. She is available at the Sunbury practice on Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-7pm; and Saturdays 8-1pm
Some of the conditions our Sunbury Chiropractors see:
How to get to your Sunbury Chiropractor?
Sunbury is approximately a 40 minute drive, down the Calder freeway or M79, from Melbourne’s CBD. In the past couple of years, Sunbury has been joined to the metro train network due to its steady rise in population.
Our Sunbury Chiropractic practice is newly renovated and has state of the art new Chiropractic equipment. We have Omni Verti-Lift Adjusting Chiropractic tables, Arthrostim Adjusting Machine, 3D-Posture Scans, On-Site X-rays(if required) and handheld activator adjusting tools. We provide Chiropractic techniques as well as traditional manual adjustments including Diversified and Gonstead.
Your Sunbury Chiropractor:
Sunbury Chiropractic Services Include:
- Manual adjustments – what Chiropractors are most know for, this is popping or cracking of joints. This may include Diversified or Gonstead techniques
- Mobilizations – Movement of the joint through its natural range of motion. This is often done passively by the Chiropractic and is used often rehabilitation from injuries.
- Activator Technique – An adjusting instrument that makes a clicking noise. We use Activator for the elderly or young patients.
- Atlas Orthogonal – All of our Sunbury Chiropractors have use Atlas Orthogonal in certain cases. This is a Technique that only a handful of practitioners in Melbourne are currently trained in. Most often used in upper neck or atlas treatment.
- Drop piece adjustments – often used for pelvic or low back adjustments. May be used for patients who are too acute for manual adjustments or those who have arthritis.
- Extremity adjustments – Whilst our Sunbury Chiropractors are known for adjusting the spine, they also manipulate the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee hip and ankle. Usually an activator or Diversified adjustment will be used for limbs or extremities.
- Kinesiotape/Rocktape – Our team may use tape depending on your condition and your needs. Rocktape is often used to assist in rehabilitation or giving support. This is different to traditional restrictive taping.
- Arthrostim – A handheld device with 14 impulses per second. Arthrostim can be used as an adjustment therapy however; our Chiropractors also use this as a soft tissue therapy for tight muscles or trigger point therapy as well.
- Pelvic blocking techniques – often used for lower back pain.
- Rehabilitation exercises – Whilst treatment is used to aid in recovery our Sunbury Chiropractors find providing relevant regular stretches and exercise assist in rehabilitation and management of you problem.
Wellbeing Chiropractic Sunbury Team:
The Wellbeing Chiropractic team is serviced by Mitchell Cook and Mary Kalandos. Our chiropractors have been servicing all areas of Melbourne from City to Country for many years.
We offer a range of skills and will tailor a treatment plan to your needs. They are experienced in managing a range of musculoskeletal conditions and can offer applicable exercises and products to assist you in your recovery process.
Sunbury is a town located 42 kilometres north-west of Melbourne’s central business district in the Shire of Bulla and is now one of the fastest growing areas in regional Victoria with a population of over 36,000, which is set to rise quiet substantially within the next 10 years. Due to this high population, it provides the residents with many services in food, sport, recreation and even health including Chiropractors.
Sunbury has a rich history surrounding it, especially when it comes to sport. The most important of it is being the home to Rupertswood Mansion. Around 130 years ago, this was the residence in which the England cricket team played against the local cricket team, and after the match, the bails were burned and kept as a trophy. Today, this has lead to one of the greatest sporting rivalries in Australia, the Ashes.